Thursday, March 4, 2021

Monthly ❤To❤ (Change Your Thinking)

Why is it so easy to believe a lie rather than the truth, especially the lies that the enemy tries to get us to believe about ourselves.  There are seasons in life that if I am not careful, I can find myself in a vicious cycle of thoughts that are destructive (e.g., I am not enough, I CAN'T, how will I make it through, etc.).  I'm sure you know the kind of thoughts that I am referring to, and, just like me sometimes allow yourself to "go there"!  Well, let's make a commitment today that it is time for us to "CHANGE OUR THINKING".  With God's help we can renew our minds and think differently.  His word tells us so in Romans 12:2.  When we have negative and self-deprecating thoughts about ourselves it means that somewhere along the way we have started to believe lies instead of allowing our minds to be saturated with God's unchanging truth.  So I challenge you and myself to use what I refer to as the "Replacement Principle".   It's simple, but must be practiced daily.  Every time a thought arises that is contrary to who we know that we are in Christ Jesus, we remove the lie by replacing it with a truth from God's word.   How about it my Sisters, let's decide today to change our thinking so that God can change our lives!  (Scripture references -- Philippians 4:8, 2 Corinthians 10:5)

From My to your  


2 comments:

  1. Hi First Lady. Forgive me for not realizing you were blogging until Sabrina told me. Thank you for the encouraging words. Lies are destructive and can be so believable. But we know who is the author of all lies. ❤ Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis. Harriet...I replied to you through email, but now I have it working where I can respond within the blog too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete