Monday, February 1, 2021

Monthly ❤To❤ (Live Like You Spend Time With Jesus)

I heard this expression, "Live Like You Spend Time With Jesus" a while back and decided to adopt it as a phrase that I now use often.  It's very simple, yet profound and it provoked me to think about the best way for my daily life to reflect that I do spend time with Jesus....how will I let my light so shine that others will see my good works and glorify my Father.  So, I have decided to pair this phrase (Live Like You Spend Time With Jesus) with one of my favorite scriptures -- Galatians 5:22-23 -- "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law".  To me, the fruit of the Spirit is more than a list of character traits.  They are the sum total expression of how we as believers should live...a life transformed by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.  The fruit of the Spirit is produced by the Spirit, not by us and as we continue to grow in the Lord, the characteristics of Christ...the fruit of the Spirit will be manifested in our lives.  Let us pray and seek God diligently so that these qualities not only illuminate our growing inner posture of obedience to God, but also that they may have an impact on those around us so others may see and say that we, "LIVE LIKE WE SPEND TIME WITH JESUS"!

No comments:

Post a Comment