Friday, November 6, 2020

Monthly ❤To❤ (PEACE)

 

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

"When peace like a river attendeth my way

When sorrows like sea billows roll

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say

It is well, it is well with my soul

It is well (it is well)

With my soul (with my soul)

It is well, it is well with my soul..."

by Horatio G. Spafford

This well-known hymn was birthed out of the writer's tragedy (loosing four of his daughters in a boating accident).  Even before this accident, he and his wife were not strangers to tragedy.  Although maybe not as great as what Spafford and his wife experienced, I am sure we have all had our share of tragedies...it comes with this thing called "LIFE"!  So how do we get to a place of peace, a place where in spite of what life brings our way...in spite of a pandemic...we, too, can say "It Is Well With My Soul".  In all honesty, I cannot say with confidence that  I would have had the intestinal fortitude to pen such words as Spafford did during that time.  BUT, I do know that I must trust God's word and believe His promises.  His promise of peace comes with context about what we must do -- do not be anxious...pray with thanksgiving about everything.  Then, and only then, are we able to take hold to the peace that will transcend our understanding!  It's a supernatural peace that will bring calm as well as guard our heart and mind, in spite of the chaos and turmoil going on around us.  So I encourage you, Ladies, let us take hold of this peace TODAY by placing our full confidence in God and being thankful in every situation!

And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts, your minds through Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment