Monday, December 10, 2018

Monthly ❤To❤ (A Woman of Excellence)

A Woman of Excellence
As Kingdom Women, excellence must be our lifestyle.  This was a powerful chapter and spoke volumes, reminding us not to live a yesterday life.  Excellence defines a movement -- moving forward and is not to be confused with perfection or success.  Edwin Bliss stated, "The pursuit of excellence is gratifying and healthy.  The pursuit of perfection is frustrating, neurotic and a terrible waste of time".   God's desire is for us to excel in our inward character and behavior and He simply expects us to do the best we can, for His glory, with the gifts and abilities He has given us. We have no time to waste.  We have no time to live in yesterday and dwell on the mistakes of the past.  We have to keep it moving and must pursue excellence in our work, walk and worship.  God hates mediocrity and we must give Him our best each day -- dwell on excellence!  After all, we are Kingdom Women so how can we be anything less than excellent!  

1 Corinthians 10:31 -- So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Question:  Today is a new day, what will you do with it -- how will you live in excellence?

6 comments:

  1. I will be excellent today by not dwelling on the past. So easily my mind seems to remind me of past situations that were not of excellence. When those situations occur I have to cast those cares onto Him (Psalms 55:22) otherwise they would consume me. I liked the statement in the book, “Whether it was good, bad, or ugly, if it’s yesterday, you need to let it go” (pg 48). I can definitely learn from the past to ensure I don’t make the same mistake, but I need to keep moving forward in my journey to becoming a Kingdom Woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have those moments when the enemy tries to bring up our past, but as long as we keep moving forward in the Lord, those thoughts will begin to dissipate! Be encouraged to continue to walk in excellence and even when you make a mistake (which we all do), God knows your heart and your desire to be a Kingdom Woman of Excellence!

      Delete
  2. I try not to take on anything that I'm not willing to see thru or commit to whole-heartedly. However, I fall short of giving God my best as much as I should. I will work towards shifting the amount of time and energy I put into everyday mundane tasks and for people and focus on giving God more of my Quality Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is beautiful, Sis. Twanda! When we recognize our shortcomings, ask God to forgive us, and make an effort to do our best, we will walk in Excellence (not perfection, but excellence) as God requires!

      Delete
  3. My desire to live in excellence is grounded in the opportunity to maximize every experience - I embrace that as the abundant life that I was promised. Maintaining order in my life on a basic level is a trait I strive for as a Kingdom woman. The enemy brings so many distractions because his job is to “steal our joy and peace, kill our spirits and dreams and destroy our witness/testimony” by any means necessary. Acts 10:34 says God is no respecter of persons, but neither is the enemy. He will not fight fairly. Preparing for excellence requires an awareness of that fact at all times. He doesn't sleep and neither should we. Staying spiritually armored up ultimately supports living in excellence for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this Sis. Debbie! Distractions -- yes, the struggle is real, BUT GOD! You are right on point that we have to watch as well as pray so that our minds remain in a state of EXCELLENCE! Be alert, be aware, be vigilant because our adversary is ALWAYS seeking to devour us and discourage us from being excellent!

      Delete